This is as real as it gets. We have been doing this since Jimmy started the business in 1983.
Loyalty to People, Community and Building America
The JJ's system with vendors and affiliates exceeds 50,000 employees.
- We create about 210 new jobs per week.
We have 2,400+ small business locations across America being supplied by and supported by thousands of small businesses:
- Local plumbers, electricians, contractors and repair companies are employed in store upkeep and maintenance.
- Local mom and pop produce houses supply fresh vegetables to our stores daily. The majority of the produce houses are within 10 miles of each store.
- Local construction, electrician, plumbers and carpenters are used to build our JJ stores.
- We use local signage manufacturers and tile installers supporting small business across America.
- We strive for efficiencies along with our suppliers, in food packaging, transportation and materials.
We work closely with our suppliers to make the world a healthier place. Check out our suppliers' awards, certificates and commitments for the earth and its betterment:
- Jimmy John's bread company: EPAct, Green-e, Constellation Energy Certified. 35-50% of cardboard used is recycled material and all bulk ingredients must be in reusable containers.
- Jimmy's Mayo partner: Dow Jones Sustainability Index, Ethical Corporation Responsible Business Award, International Charter Committed to the Environment Award. They've committed to reducing environmental footprint of products by 50% by 2020 and will source 100% of raw agricultural materials sustainably by 2020.
- Jimmy's meats supply chain: Top 15% food producers in SAM Sustainability Yearbook and has earned AMI awards for safety records and environmental matters management, SQF Certification. We periodically require suppliers to describe their sustainability progress. And have committed to reduce landfill, water usage and increase energy efficiency.
- Mustard Team: Dow Jones Sustainability Index, Ethical Investment Register and Pioneer in Ethical Investment Register. They promote sustainability of farming and natural resources and increase sustainable sourcing.
- Cookie Bakers: Recycle corrugate and aluminum, do not use harsh chemicals, strive to maintain water and energy efficiency, corrugate supplier recently SFI certified.
- Beverage Partners: CALSTART Blue Sky Award, Edison Award, Greener Packaging Award. Piloting ISO50001, 100% of North American facilities compliant with wastewater treatment requirements. They require their suppliers to conduct business in ways to protect and preserve the environment. They focus on water stewardship, sustainable packaging, energy efficiency and climate protection.
- Cups & Lids Supplier: SFI Certified, Chain of Custody certified, inks are CONEG certified, active member of Sustainable Packaging Coalition. Vertically Integrated from tree to cup, use EPA ECF technology for renewable energy.
- Paper Products: All suppliers are members of SFI and FSC. For the earths betterment they recycle, reduce ink waste, reduce water usage and are currently testing LED lights.
- Potato Chipper: Manny Award Winner for outstanding Green services, Emerald Award Winner, LEED Platinum Certified at midwest manufacturing site. Currently seeking LEED Certification for all other manufacturing sites. Using Sustainability Matrix as a method of evaluating supply chain partners. Has energy management plan which includes tracking natural gas, electric water and sewer user per pound.
- Napkins & Towels Supplier: EcoLogo, Green Seal, EPA SmartWay, LEED-CI Gold, BPI Certification, Energy Efficiency USD Energy in WI, Water use Customer of the Year in AZ, Pollution Prevention in AL, 2007 Named 2nd Greenest company in the world. They use 100% recycled material, vegetable based ink, converts waste from de-inking process into fiber clay which is used in concrete paving. Uses reclaimed water in AZ, uses Smart Fit and no chlorine ever used.